About the organisation:
BOB Financial Solutions Limited (BFSL, formerly known as BOBCARDS Ltd.) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Bank of Baroda and a Non-Deposit Accepting Non–Banking Finance Company (NBFC).
BFSL was established in the year 1994 to cater to the need of the rapidly growing credit card industry in a focused manner.
The Company’s core business is credit card issuance and consumer lending. It also provides support to Bank of Baroda by carrying out its merchant acquiring operations and its debit cards operation for its overseas territories/ subsidiaries and sponsored RRBs.
Job title: Assistant Manager/Officer II – Legal
Role and responsibilities:
- Drafting, vetting, review and negotiation of various contracts/agreements/ MoUs /loan documents and other documentation for various Product lines of the Organization.
- Drafting and negotiation of various contracts/agreements for various requirements/business engagements/various products and/or requirements of the Organization.
- Carrying out necessary legal research and finding out relevant case laws/applicable laws/regulations in relation to various requirements of the Organization.
- Carrying out necessary research for applicable RBI/SEBI/FEMA/other regulatory regulations/guidelines/directions for various requirements/products and queries from time to time.
- Drafting, vetting, review of Plaints, Complaints, Written Statements, Counter Claims, Replies, Rejoinder, Affidavits, etc.
- Filing and monitoring of all BY and AGAINST Cases, including without limitation, Suits, Consumer Dispute Cases/ Cases under Sec.138, recovery case, decreed cases & its execution etc.
- Issuing various demand notices and other legal notices for recovery of dues, preparation of compromise proposals, reply to legal notices, customer complaints, Complaints received through Ombudsman and other Customer Escalations on a regular basis.
- Preparing replies to all legal notices/complaints received from Cardholders, ensuring timely submission of these replies after approval from Competent Authorities.
- Supporting in the research and evaluation of different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations.
- Providing support for contractual and legal evaluation of RFP documents, tender enquiries and other legal terms and conditions.
- Coordinating with advocates/solicitors and counsel for litigation matters and important business matters and to engage or empanel appropriate advocates/ counsels for legal matters of the organization.
- Engagement of Law Firms and coordinating with them for various legal requirements as the Organization.
- Preparation of Monthly/ quarterly/ yearly compliances and submissions relating to legal matters, Fraud data/progress report, AML (Anti Money Laundering), etc to Internal Auditors/ Statutory Auditors/ CAG Auditors/RBI.
- The candidate may be deputed to work with the team(s) within the organization/parent organization / any subsidiary of the parent organization if and as deemed necessary.
- The candidate is liable to be transferred to any other location in India.
- Qualified LLB / Masters in Law from a reputed College/University.
- Minimum 3 years of experience preferably in Banking and Financial Services Sector Companies of repute.
Compensation will not be a limiting factor for the right candidate and will be discussed on a case by case basis.
How to apply:
Email to be sent to careers[at]bobfinancial.com with the subject as “Assistant Manager / Officer II – Legal”
Last Date for application: 3rd April 2019.
022 – 40286631.